Summer Internship Opportunity!
The Massachusetts Farm to School Project is seeking an intern to support a new initiative called Massachusetts Harvest of the Month. Harvest of the Month (HOTM) is a program to promote local foods in schools and colleges throughout Massachusetts through outreach and education around a series of specific locally grown crops.
The intern will have an opportunity to develop hands on experience with an outreach campaign, to gain a deeper understanding of school food procurement and local agricultural production and the skills to work in a small, fast paced non-profit organization.
• Work with Farm to Cafeteria staff to conduct outreach to schools, farmers and distributors to support successful matchmaking of farmers and distributors with schools and document all communications.
• Facilitate the distribution of promotional materials to schools and ensure accurate record keeping.
• Research and document educational resources to support HOTM.
• Work with Communications Coordinator to develop content for HOTM outreach materials such as newsletters, e-blasts, and blog posts.
• Interest in agriculture, nutrition education and school food
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with program staff, farmers and food service professionals
• Strong self motivation
• Comfort with Microsoft Office suite and Mac and PC platforms
• Preferred – experience with WordPress and Salsa or other CRM software
The internship is available immediately and will run through August, with the potential to continue in the fall semester. The intern must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week, with a somewhat flexible schedule. The intern will work from the Mass. Farm to School office in Amherst, MA with some opportunity to work from home as well.
While this position is unpaid, we are able to offer a modest stipend. Should the internship continue into the fall, we’d be happy to work with you to explore options to receive course credit.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and position will be open until filled.