Summer Internship Opportunity Available!
Massachusetts Farm to School is seeking a part-time summer intern to support our expanding Harvest of the Month (HOTM) program. This will require the intern to work 15 hours per week (one day our East Boston office, other hours remote). HOTM promotes local foods in schools and colleges throughout Massachusetts through outreach and education around a series of specific locally grown crops. The intern will have an opportunity to develop hands on experience with an outreach campaign, to gain a deeper understanding of school food procurement and local agricultural production and the skills to work in a small, fast paced, non-profit organization. This is an unpaid internship but we can offer college course credit.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to promote HOTM program & registration;
- Work with Communications Coordinator to develop content for HOTM outreach materials;
- Conduct interviews with HOTM participants, i.e., teachers and food service directors;
- Help facilitate the HOTM registration process & distribution of promotional materials to schools;
- Research and document educational and culinary resources to support HOTM implementation in classroom and cafeteria settings;
- Work with Communications Coordinator to populate the Farmer Database to support HOTM procurement;
- Assist with collecting survey data on 2016-17 Harvest of the Month implementation.
Special Requirements: While Massachusetts Farm to School is a statewide organization, this is a Boston-based position. Must have access to a computer for working remotely.
- Interest in agriculture, nutrition education and school food.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with program staff, farmers and food service professionals.
- Strong self-motivation
- Comfort with Microsoft Office suite, G Suite (Docs & Sheets) and Mac and PC platforms.
- Preferred – experience with WordPress, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign and SalsaLabs or other CRM software.
The internship is part-time (15 hours/week) is available starting in late May or June and will run through August. While this position is unpaid, we’d be happy to work with you to explore options to receive course credit.
Applicants should submit a resume and one page cover letter (PDF format) detailing their interest in and experience related to this position. Please submit your applications to email@example.com with “Summer Intern” in the subject line, or Massachusetts Farm to School, PO Box 1514, Easthampton, MA 01027 by April 24, 2017.
Electronic submissions preferred.